Tales of Albion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is a Hero in all of us. What will you do with your power?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates
free forum

Abyss

The Dungeons

RPG-D

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Searching

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Icarus
Hero
Icarus

Renown : 135

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Following behind Cyril, they slipped into the bar, mostly unnoticed. The people hadn't seen the heroes go to the barn, and thus didn't recognize their feat right away. Only that two people stopped the bandits from looting the barn. It was nice, getting away from the crowds too. Sliding into the chair, she watched as Cyril disappeared amongst the farmers to the bar, resting her chin in her hand. She was exhausted too, not that she did as much physical fighting as Cyril, but using the Will had worn her out. She really had to practice more on her own time to build up strength in that area.

He returned with two pints, the froth dripping over the side of the glass. She smiled, taking the one he offered her into her hands, and holding it up, in a sign of cheers. "To anonymous heroic deeds," she announced before taking a drink, the amber beer bitter, yet refreshing on her tongue. She blinked at him for a second as he asked her the question, smiling in return.

"Well I suppose just everything would sound more musical, wouldn't it?" She tracing a finger along the rim of the mug, her cheek resting against her other hand once again, propped up on the table, "I mean that's how it works. If you lose one sense the others are heightened to make up for it." She tapped her nose. "Unless you're talking about smell. If you lose your sense of smell your taste is drastically reduced. The two are linked in that sense."
Back to top Go down
http://abysseod.darkbb.com
Thorogoodd
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Thorogoodd

Renown : 53

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Cyril nodded slightly at her response. "Do you think the world would be more peaceful and innocent if we were all blind? We'd have to hear each other to fight each other, but people could master the art of silence. But then where are we?" Cyril took a slow drink from his pint, he didn't want to drink too much too fast, he was a lightweight in this area. "So maybe the world would be more based on sound. How would we fend off animals and stay warm in the cold months though?" He was enjoying this conversation with Icarus. She responded intelligently which made it all the more fun. It took his mind off of Wraithmarsh and the bandits. He wasn't even aware of his old wounds any longer.

(Short but slightly detailed post! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Icarus
Hero
Icarus

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:35 pm

She frowned a bit, thinking about Cyril's words. "Well it depends, doesn't it? If people weren't used to being blind than it would be a world of panic, hm? And I don't think anyone could 'master silence' in a world where everyone's ears are trained to near perfection." She drank deeply from her glass again as she pondered, "I imagine we'd be able to hear more noises, more like the range of a dog. But it's sort of depressing to think of a world without sight though, right?" She looked around at the bar, drinking in the scene she partook with her eyes. The fire, roaring in it's place, gave the room an orange glow, creating a warm ambiance that encouraged the people to be cheerful and drink. "I do love colors," she admitted, tilting her head to the side as she returned her eyes to Cyril's, "And if we can't see, then how can lover's get lost in each other's eyes? Perhaps lost in the sounds of their voice."

She drank again, leaning back in the chair and now gazing out the window, watching the fall leaves drop from the trees onto the path outside The Sandgoose. "I'm sure in a world of blind people, we'd be able to survive. The blind do it now, it wouldn't be hard."
Back to top Go down
Thorogoodd
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Thorogoodd

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Cyril smiled slightly when Icarus said she loved colours, it wasn't exactly anything special. Everyone loves colours, but it was nice to hear her say it. "Well, the blind survive because there are people and animals to see for them." He took another slow sip from his pint, setting it down and to the side slightly, possibly signaling he wasn't going to drink much more. He felt his head grow foggy and slightly disoriented, constantly having to re-focus his thought. Cyril then looked out the window as she did, noticing in the background, the sky turning black. The moon had disappeared behind a thin cloud of black smoke from the barn, which was still smoldering softly. He looked up slightly and noticed the stars were bright tonight and smiled to himself. "Stars are really bright tonight." He said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Icarus
Hero
Icarus

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Icarus had always been a daydreamish type, and often times her words came out as cryptic or full of air, as if she were on a completely other planet. Afraid that her words had killed the conversation, her face showed concern as he pushed his drink away. But his reddening cheeks and cheekish demeanor gave away that maybe he couldn't handle the alcohol as much as he had hoped. Icarus too had a low tolerance, but she enjoyed the feeling, so she continued. "Those critters sure are helpful," she replied, her gaze returning to the velvety dark sky.

He made a comment about the stars, and she couldn't help but laugh. He seemed to be saying just about anything that came to mind now, anything to keep the conversation going. "They sure are," she acknowledged, nodding at them, "Especially to show through all the smoke."

After a few more minutes her drink was gone, and she leaned against the wall, her back to the window now, and she gazed around the bar. "Look at these people...their village has been attacked how many times? And yet they still manage to stay happy every single day, despite the hardships of everyday life."
Back to top Go down
Thorogoodd
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Thorogoodd

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Cyril nodded in agreement with her, "They have a life worth being happy for. They don't let bandits and animals bring down their spirits." He leaned back in his chair, sighing quietly, "And why not? A simple life with friends and family is all you really need." He was slightly embarrassed by his subject hopping, going from one thing to another, but he didn't want Icarus to leave. He hasn't had someone fun to talk to in a while. Just Novier, but all he usually talked about was coming darkness and evils. Icarus was so cheery, she enlightened Cyril effectively.
Back to top Go down
Icarus
Hero
Icarus

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:39 am

Her eyes followed his motions, as if trying to read him like a book. Generally Icarus did well in trying to pick people apart, decipher their being just by their small actions and reactions. Though her mindset was a bit cloudy and her judgments were off, she finally gave up and just enjoyed looking at him for a bit. "I suppose you're right. Though I find the simple life can get boring." She waved for a barmaid, as her mug had grown sadly empty. A second full one would be on it's way shortly. "Is that what you plan on doing after the heroic life?" she teased him, leaning forwards a bit on her elbows, "Retiring here to Oakfield? Buying that windmill farm and chopping up lumber for a living? I have a bar back in Bowerstone, but I can only stick around there for so long."

The new mug made it's way into her hands from the barmaid, who gazed at Cyril a bit before giving him a wink and disappearing into the crowd. Icarus raised her eyebrows as she drank deeply from the pint. "It looks like someone has an admirer!"

[Sorry for the late reply! School and work have been hectic.]
Back to top Go down
Thorogoodd
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Thorogoodd

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 6:13 am

Cyril watched as Icarus stared at him, he didn't complain, he didn't move much either. He wasn't sure why she was staring but he figured if she wanted to be quiet for a moment, why not let her? And so he sat quietly and watched her stare. Her eyes darting over him like a small child's eyes in a candy store. Darting to each piece of candy individually.

Cyril smiled at her quaint little narration of his supposed future. "I was actually planning, when I stop being a hero, to write stories and novels about my adventures. An ode to myself, if you will." He said while tracing his fingers in circles around his half-full mug.

Then the barmaid came, and winked at him. He wasn't exactly sure what to think but it at least made him smile some more. As if this day wasn't already good enough. Icarus then made a remark about it, Cyril chuckled quietly, "Well, if she can work up the courage to talk to me, then I don't see why not." He pondered to himself for a second, "If she doesn't though, there's also nothing wrong with quiet admirers. Just as well, for all we know she's married, or has children, or both." Cyril crossed his arms over his chest as he sat in his chair, not menacingly but for comfort. "Besides, I'd rather be with another hero than a barmaid. I'm worried that a barmaid or anyone else of that nature wouldn't understand why I do certain things the way I do, and stuff like that. Which is why I'd rather be with another hero." Cyril stared at his boot wearing feet, chewing the inside of his cheek gently as he stared and thought quietly to himself.
Back to top Go down
Icarus
Hero
Icarus

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:14 pm

She shrugged a bit at his response. "I was only teasing, but I see your point. It's sort of like being the spouse or child of a soldier in Albion's Army. They're always shipped off and to foreign places and you never know how they're doing. But soldiers in the army have more certainty. You know where they're going, and you can generally guess how long they'll be. With Heroes, we have a tendency to just up and disappear whenever we fancy it."

"I suppose it's not so bad, but kids generally don't like flighty parents either. It's all too far ahead for me to even think about it." She polished off her mug, leaving the empty glass at the edge of the table to be picked up. "And we wouldn't want to spoil our Hero blood now would we?" she laughed at the idea of it, "Just kidding. That's the magic of Hero blood. The more we mingle the more heroes we can see popping up. I like the idea of spreading the wealth like that."
Back to top Go down
Thorogoodd
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Thorogoodd

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Cyril nodded in agreement to her. He wasn't sure what else to say. It was getting quieter in the pub, people starting to go off to bed. He watched them leave silently, as they laughed to their friends. He was tracing small circles around his mug still, unsure of what to do or say. He felt sort've awkward now, and he wished he had more words in his mind, but he didn't. So he sat quietly, and when most of the pub goers had left, he retired his gaze to Icarus, as if waiting for her to say something.

(Short post, but it's what Cyril would likely do so it only makes sense.)
Back to top Go down
Icarus
Hero
Icarus

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:50 pm

(hahah it's fine, you're in character!)

Icarus fell into silence as well, the pair just enjoying the company of each other, sipping at their cups and watching the people of Oakfield come and go. Despite the typical bar atmosphere no barfights broke out. The people were peaceful farmers, they had nothing to fight over. All of their cheeks were rosy with drink, loud laughter and jovial chats surrounding the heroes. They seemed to be sitting still in time as the world moved around them.

It wasn't long before the sun began to peak over the horizon, the sky beginning to light up from a seemingly invisible source. Icarus turned her head to the window and let out a groan, rubbing her eyes. "Good lord, how long have we been here?" she muttered, oblivious as to how time had slipped by them. Her cup had remained empty for quite some time as Cyril and she had made small talk, and she set it in the middle of the table, standing up. She let out a yawn, stretching her arms into the air and revealing just a sliver of midriff from her stomach before dropping them again, rubbing her eyes.

"Well, I suppose I'll be heading back to my camp to get some sleep. I can contact you through your seal when I get a plan figured out for what we're going to do with those bandits, and see if we can find out what they're up to, and their tie to Sparrow..." Her voice drifted off a bit. The idea of coming face to face with Sparrow again made her heart stop and leap up into her throat. She was nervous, excited, enraged, so many emotions she couldn't count them all on one hand.
Back to top Go down
Thorogoodd
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Thorogoodd

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Cyril nodded in agreement with her plan, "Alright, I'll be waiting for your call then." He then stands up as well, himself looking out the window. "For now, we best stay rested." He added quietly, before extending his hand to Icarus for a shake, "I enjoyed my time with you Icarus, I look forward to spending more." He referred to spending more time with her, by saying this.

(They keep getting shorter >.<)
Back to top Go down
Icarus
Hero
Icarus

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:47 pm

She took his hand and shook it gratefully, glad that she had managed to run into a fellow hero. Otherwise she wouldn't have been able to tackle the bandits. "Once I get a hold of Eva Bane and see what she knows I'll be in contact."

She pulled him down by his arm and planted a small kiss on his cheek. "Thank you," she added, beaming up at him, "Likewise, I enjoyed our time together as well." With a small salute she turned on her heel and disappeared through the dwindling crowd of the bar. The sun was still barely peaking over the horizon, getting lighter minute by minute. She trudged back into the woods where she had set up her camp, her bag of various goodies banging against her leg.

She slid inside the makeshift tent and stretched out on the blanket set and pillow she had set up. As soon as her head hit the pillow her eyes slid shut, heavy with drink and sleep.

[Icarus out, feel free to post a response after! I'll set up a new post in a bit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Searching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching   Searching - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Searching
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Albion :: Various regions of Albion :: Oakfield :: The Sandgoose-
Jump to: