Tales of Albion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is a Hero in all of us. What will you do with your power?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates
free forum

Abyss

The Dungeons

RPG-D

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Nocte "Reaper" Esposito

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nocte
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Nocte

Renown : 12

Nocte "Reaper" Esposito Empty
PostSubject: Nocte "Reaper" Esposito   Nocte "Reaper" Esposito EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Name: Nocte Esposito
Hero Title: Raven
Sexual Preference: Generally depends on the amount of wine and size of the orgy at hand. Relatively straight, I suppose - with hedonistic tendencies after a good night of revelry.
Hair Color: Raven black, of course!
Eye Color: His left eye is emerald green, his right azure blue.
Skin Color: Relatively pale, Caucasian.
Clothing: Strong, black leather boots, half hidden (often through mere distraction) by nicely tailored black dress pants and white (very lightly ruffled) white dress shirt. Over this is a once fashionable, sturdy black leather coat - fitting for either travel or dress. Although well dressed, his clothes aren't the height of fashion as they once were.

Primary Skill: Skill Master

Will Powers:
Attack spells - Lightning
Physical spells - Shield
Surround spells - Slow Time

Melee Weapon: Rusty Saber (longsword), although obviously once rather ornate. Despite the damage to the weapon, Nocte keeps it well oiled and as sharp as the damage will allow him.
Range Weapon: Rusty Clockwork Pistol, mostly scavenged from parts of other pistols. It's kept well oiled and maintained as well, though it has obvious short comings.

History

Nocte Esposito was born to a noble, aristocratic family. He was educated in the finest schools, fed delicacies from around the world, and draped in luxurious clothes from the moment he was born.
He lived a pampered life.
The same couldn't be said about his sister.
April Esposito might have been a charming, beautiful young lady. She had blonde hair, green eyes. Despite their difference in hair color - a trait picked up from different mothers - she bore a striking resemblance to Nocte, although she was several years his senior.
Her mother was never spoken of in the house. She was their father, Anthony's, first love. She had died in child birth, from what Nocte could gather. Of course, she was beautiful and the perfect lady. The servants rarely said anything else. She, however, was blessed with the sight - and had known her grisly end for some time.
This was a gift that had passed onto her daughter - though in a less desirable form.
April had vision of the future, yes. But she also had severe, violent seizures that accompanied these vision. She never found it easy to grasp onto the things she saw during these episodes, only ever being able to offer snippets of insight beside the troubling words she screamed.
It need not be said that those who witnessed these attacks were left disturbed. Due to the frequency and unpredictability of the episodes, Nocte's father finally saw fit to have April committed to an institution - "To help her get well," he'd said.
Unfortunately, that was only half the truth. Ever since April was but a girl, Anthony had courted the information he could gleam from her - forcing her into seizures to see into his enemies fate, to help direct his business, to find ancient artifacts and the darker aspects of Will.
Sneaking about, Nocte had stumbled across his father coaxing this information out of her, not as if she were human, but... A machine, a device to be used.
The night before she was committed, he had been eavesdropping on such an occasion, picking up a portion of the last prophecy she'd make.
April convulsed, gibbering maddeningly - drunkenly - about death. Her father's demise, their home in ruins. She thrashed, she bit her lip, she bled. Her eyes rolled back into her head as she screamed of her father's killer - of her brother's rapier piercing his neck. Of his father's failure, and ultimate demise.
Before he could be caught, he had rushed back to his room. He gathered together what few items he could - an old saber used by his great grandfather (subconsciously choosing not to take the rapier in the Den - a much sharper, better taken care of weapon), and a few bits of clothes. He heard his father's footsteps down the corridor, and hid what he had in a closet, so as not to arouse suspicion. Nocte glimpsed out the crack in his door and noticed his father with two glasses, a bottle of brandy, and a small vile. He poured the brandy in the glasses, dropped a few drops of the vile into one, and went to knock on the door.
Nocte opened it slowly. "Father?"
"We've got things to discuss, come out here."
Nocte shuffled out, thinking about the situation. His father offered him a glass - surely, he thought, the one poisoned. He took it and looked at his father - his dark hair, dark eyes. He thought he could feel a wild fire behind his father's stare, and broke it as soon as he could.
"You sister had another episode," he said.
"Oh?"
"It's worsened. Have a sip," he motioned at Nocte's glass.
"Is she all right?" He asked, knowing the answer, ignoring the drink.
"She'll go to the hospital in the morning. We'll have her taken care of."
Nocte nodded. "I'm heading to bed, father - I've had a long day."
Ignoring formality, he crossed into his room and locked the door. It was rude, he knew, but he wouldn't need to worry about that much. His sister was rarely wrong, and the vial confirmed what he feared - that his father would sooner take his son out than be taken out. Nocte sighed, he didn't want to kill his father - he wouldn't - but he knew his father wouldn't see it that way. April was right, he'd say - always right.
Later that night, he'd slipped off to April's bedroom. She lay in her bed, weakened. Her hair was disheveled, dark circles hung under her eyes. She was skinny - too skinny, he thought - and he hugged her tightly, waking her up. "I have to go," he said. "I know," she replied. That was that. She slipped off to sleep again - she was always exhausted - and made to slip out the front door. As he headed out of the house, he paused to look back down the corridor to his room. He saw his father walking, his back to Nocte, towards his room - his Masterwork Pistol in hand.
Nocte slipped out of the house, never looking back.

He would travel for a few years, often thinking about his sister. He fell in with a camp of Gypsies for a while, helping where he could - hunting, building, teaching, protecting. Learning, more than anything. Learning how to live without a store of gold, and all those life lessons the aristocracy never saw fit to teach.

Who said "Law is order in liberty, and without order liberty is social chaos."? Archbishop John Ireland. Unfortunately, the Archbishop never seemed to take into account how liberating social chaos can be - let alone how stifling to Liberty "Law and Order" can become.

Last edited by Nocte on Wed May 19, 2010 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ManiacMidget
Guild Master
ManiacMidget

Renown : 164

PostSubject: Re: Nocte "Reaper" Esposito   Nocte "Reaper" Esposito EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:22 pm

Your back story is wonderful! I'm exciting to see how your character plays out! Welcome to Albion!
Back to top Go down
Icarus
Hero
Icarus

Renown : 135

PostSubject: Re: Nocte "Reaper" Esposito   Nocte "Reaper" Esposito EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:01 pm

YAY! THIS IS SO EXCITING D:
Back to top Go down
http://abysseod.darkbb.com
Smoke Bullet
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Smoke Bullet

Renown : 43

PostSubject: Re: Nocte "Reaper" Esposito   Nocte "Reaper" Esposito EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Awesome story! :]
We'll have to get our character together soon. I have a feeling that'd be a fun little meeting.
Back to top Go down
Nocte
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Nocte

Renown : 12

PostSubject: Re: Nocte "Reaper" Esposito   Nocte "Reaper" Esposito EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:53 pm

Haha, thanks. I'll be editing and re-working his backstory a little bit, though it wont change much.

I have changed my hero's title to Raven, I hope no one minds. I guess he can go by either Raven or Reaper, but whatev's.

I'm sure our passes will cross, Smoke. ;D
Back to top Go down
ManiacMidget
Guild Master
ManiacMidget

Renown : 164

PostSubject: Re: Nocte "Reaper" Esposito   Nocte "Reaper" Esposito EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Ps- Don't forget to include your weapons and powers in your signature. I figure it'll be easier that way for everyone to see what they have once we get into upgrading and stuff. Or once I get to putting together that weapons shop... dum dee dum...
Back to top Go down
Smoke Bullet
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Smoke Bullet

Renown : 43

PostSubject: Re: Nocte "Reaper" Esposito   Nocte "Reaper" Esposito EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:30 pm

Already told you, Ampa... You need help, I'm your man :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nocte "Reaper" Esposito   Nocte "Reaper" Esposito Empty

Back to top Go down

Nocte "Reaper" Esposito
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Albion :: The Guild :: Citizens-
Jump to: